Engineering Support Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Engineering Support Technician|
|Location||Horsham, PA, United States|
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. The company provides an extensive line of motive power, reserve power, aerospace/defense, and specialty batteries with a full range of integrated services and systems. EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
The company is searching for an Engineering Technician who will be responsible for electrode formulations, materials purification, component manufacture, and assembly of high energy density and high-power density lithium batteries.
Activities include initial process development, equipment setup, manufacture of prototype hardware, laboratory investigations, test, and evaluation.
The Engineering Technician works with other members of the engineering department to create design solutions that meet customer requirements and company objectives.
- The applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or higher
- The candidates should have 2 or more years of battery development/manufacturing experience in lithium battery chemistries.
- Technical experience in the manufacture and assembly of batteries. Specifically working with lithium oxyhalide batteries and thermal batteries.
- Checks completed SOPs and drawings for clarity. Identifies errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and notifies the responsible engineer of the need for correction.
- Coordinates with other departments involved with the development activity.
- Manufactures components and assembles major portions of a battery system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Performs chemical processing, i.e., catholyte purification, electrolyte formulation, etc, with strict adherence to all safety and environmental requirements.
- Performs failure analysis and/or teardown evaluations of batteries.
- Performs laboratory studies in such areas as mechanical, chemical, electrical, and other related technical functions.
- Performs processing operations with strong oxidizers and incendiary materials with strict adherence to all safety and environmental requirements and all federal, state, and local laws. Also instructs other technicians in the proper handling of these materials.
- Sets up assembly operations using pyrotechnic devices, such as igniters, squibs, and miniature piston actuators with attention to safety and environmental requirements and adherence to all federal, state, and local laws.
- Sets up manufacturing equipment, i.e. laser welding equipment, automated assembly equipment, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Good communication skills are required.
- Good problem-solving and visualization skills are needed.
- Must be able to work with hazardous materials and strictly follow all safety and environmental requirements as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Working knowledge of basic mathematics is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds/11.5 kilos on occasions.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
- 3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- 401K (we match 100% at 6% contribution level)
- Life insurance, short term disability, educational reimbursement, flex spending, and employee stock purchase plan
- Medical/dental/vision for employees and dependents at a discounted rate
EnerSys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.enersys.com.