Website Satellite Shelters
Engineering Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Plymouth, MN, United States|
Satellite Shelters is an industry leader and provider of mobile offices, prefabricated buildings, blast-resistant modules, construction job-site office trailers, and storage solutions.
The company is looking for an Engineering Technician who will be responsible for creating and revising detailed drawings and 3D cad models as needed.
The majority of work involves documentation for plastic parts which are blow-molded, thermoformed or injection-molded.
Assisting with new product designs, printing and assembling 3D prototypes, and product testing are also involved.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Familiar with basic drawing layout, dimensioning, and tolerancing.
- Background knowledge in engineering or plastics manufacturing.
- Some experience with plastic part design is beneficial.
- Drafting and modeling skills using Creo or Solidworks software are strongly preferred.
- A strong desire to work in product design and engineering is preferred.
- 3D scan and manually measure existing parts in order to create accurate 3D models.
- Answer employee or customer questions about the function and maintenance of products.
- Assist design engineers with developing new products, brainstorming with the team, contributing ideas.
- Assist design engineers with running tests on products and equipment to ensure they function properly.
- Assist with preparation of engineering documents including drawings, specifications, and assembly instructions.
- Coordinate with design engineers to develop accurate 3D models and 2D drawings using Creo 6.0.
- Design and build prototypes of new product designs.
- Keep appraised of the latest developments and innovations in the industry.
- Maintain records and files for all completed engineering work in both electronic and paper versions as required.
- Provide suggestions for ways to improve products and equipment.
- Responsible for running our two 3D printers.
- Revising existing documentation according to provided marked-up prints.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team
- Ethical conduct
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Flexibility to jump between priorities as needed
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- This position requires the use of typical office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Product prototyping and testing require the use of basic hand tools and common power tools, training provided.
Satellite Shelters is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit satellitesheltersinc.applytojob.com.