Website Phillips Tank & Structure
Entry Level Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Entry Level Welder|
|Location||Braddock, PA, United States|
|Company||Phillips Tank & Structure|
Phillips Tank & Structure (PTS) specializes in providing the design, fabrication, and construction of above-ground storage tanks and other related steel and aluminum structures. The company has decades of experience in estimating, planning, and executing projects involving the construction and repair of tanks meeting the requirements of API 650, API 653, AWWA D100, and API 12D tank specifications.
Steel Valley Fabricators (Phillips Tank & Structure) is a full-service, custom metal fabrication shop with portable welding and installation capabilities.
The company is searching for an Entry Level Welder who has good working with their hands, enjoys making things, and wants to learn how to weld.
Applicants must be willing to show up to work on time every day with a positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
Individuals must quickly learn how to read fabrication drawings, display good attention to detail, and use basic math and measuring skills with a tape measure and calipers. Once basic fit-up and welding skills are acquired, more opportunities to grow and advance will be available.
Candidates will start with flux-core (FCAW) and stick (SMAW) processes before learning more advanced or difficult welding processes. Learning how to operate shears, press brakes, rolling machines, and other equipment are also available.
The company will teach you how to weld and make custom fabricated parts and assemblies.
- Applicants do not need expensive schooling (they will be provided training on the jobs)
- Be at least 18 years old
- No prior experience is necessary
- Applicants are required to follow all instructions given while performing the job.
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Be self-motivated and eager to learn and improve
- Be willing to authorize a background check
- Be willing to submit to pre-hire, random, and post-incident drug and alcohol testing
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have an eye for quality and strong attention to detail
- Have a good work ethic and show up to work on time every day
- Have no criminal convictions for dishonesty, sexual misconduct, serious violence, or acts of terrorism
- Have strong basic math and measuring skills
- Competitive pay
- Fringe benefits Including 401K with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision Benefits
- Opportunities for rapid advancement
- Two weeks (80 hours) of paid vacation per year
Phillips Tank & Structure (PTS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit phillipstankandstructure.applytojob.com.