Equipment Maintenance Technician – Powertrain Job Highlights
|Title||Equipment Maintenance Technician – Powertrain|
|Location||Fremont, CA, United States|
Tesla works on the mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy through increasingly affordable electric vehicles in addition to renewable energy generation and storage.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Technician having broad-based industrial maintenance experience, encompassing Electrical/PLC, Robotics, Mechanical, Welding, Machining, Hydraulics/Pneumatics, Conveyor systems, etc.
Applicants must be willing to tackle whatever maintenance challenge presents itself, and be willing to assist and learn from others in their areas of expertise.
- The applicants should have AS/BS Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Technology from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 3+ years of experience maintaining industrial equipment and automation or technical military experience in lieu of a Degree (program).
- Become Journeyman Level on all machines in assigned area and be responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting/repair, cleanliness, and escalation of assigned equipment.
- Day-to-day coverage of production line equipment: respond to alarms, breakdowns, and Production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
- Diagnoses equipment failures, finds root cause, and communicates actions taken to the rest of the team.
- Follows all aspects of Maintenance Safety protocol (LOTO, 5-S, Arc Flash, etc.), to ensure that the maintenance team operates safely at all times, always leading by example.
- Organizes and maintains a high degree of cleanliness in the maintenance area as well as performing spares inventory audits to ensure accuracy.
- Participates in the TPM team while taking on small improvement projects to assist in improving the factory.
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
- Recommends countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns
- Takes initiative to improve PM documents and schedules, under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and Leads.
- Uses manufacturing systems effectively (MES, Spares Inventory, Issue Tracking).
- Work with Process and Equipment engineering and other cross-functional groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability, review procedures, and minimize equipment downtime.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Areas of specialization may include one or more of the following: electrical/electronics, mechanical/machining, or automation/PLC/robotics.
- Experience creating and maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
- Fanuc and or Kuka robot experience a plus.
- Skilled at troubleshooting automation, conveyance, and electromechanical systems.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel. PowerPoint, etc.).
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general machining and welding.
- Strong Allen Bradley PLC experience highly desired.
- Willing to perform shift and overtime as required.
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Company-paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- Vision and dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.tesla.com.