Website Norsk Hydro
Fab Operator – Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Fab Operator – Welder|
|Location||Delhi, LA, United States|
Hydro is a leading industrial company that builds businesses and partnerships for a more sustainable future. The company businesses present in a broad range of market segments for aluminum, energy, metal recycling, renewables, and batteries, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
The company is looking for a Welder who has prior aluminum welding experience, but will consider any welding experience as aluminum is a niche skill area, training provided for the person who demonstrates welding knowledge.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Welding Certification a plus
- The candidates should have technical training with a focus on Welding
- OSHA training is a plus
- Ability to change wire, rollers, tips, diffusers, nozzles and set up proper tension on rollers
- Ability to handle several hundred small welds applied in a single shift
- Ability to set proper welding parameters (voltage and wire speed)
- Demonstrate competency in GMAW techniques with solid wire on aluminum in the Flat, Horizontal, and Vertical Fillet Positions
- Demonstrate competency in post welding treatment – i.e. brushing, cleaning, straightening, and weld quality
- Fast-paced assembly style facility
- Identify proper welding wire and the alloy used for the applicable base metal
- Pass Welding Performance Test 9 given on-site during the interview process – Q.A. determination)
- Ability to perform in compliance with company safety rules
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Basic math skills
- Commitment to participate in continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in non-climate-controlled temperatures
- Must demonstrate the ability to safely left up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis
- Must have the ability to stand on hard surfaces while working
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Education Assistance
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
Hydro is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hydro.com.