Fabrication Coordinator Job Highlights
|Location||Edmonton, AB, Canada|
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is looking to hire a Fabrication Coordinator who will be responsible for the fabrication assembly work of the EPC production line.
Expected to take a leadership role in the fabrication team ensuring continuity of the production line, as well as meeting the expectation of Eaton’s High 5 areas of focus: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Productivity.
The position will work under the general direction of the Production Manager.
- Applicants should have completed a Post-Secondary or a Vocational program
- Possess 2 years of supervisory experience in a fabrication environment (preferred)
- Welding or Journeyman (an asset)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Actively participate, maintain, and monitor all staff in regard to Eaton’s daily 5S, Safety, and Gemba Walk program
- Any other production duty as required to meet shipping requirement
- Check job material and notify discrepancy to the Fabrication, Supply chain, COE, or production manager accordingly
- Coordinate manpower requirements on a day-to-day and hour-to-hour basis reviewing daily production, and Takt requirements, and matching/sharing appropriate staff across the fabrication department.
- Ensure labor hours of different tasks are logged accurately in a timesheet, accordingly, ensure timesheets are checked and signed daily
- Maintain all tools, report any missing, damaged, or faulty equipment, and lead TPM for fabrication equipment.
- Maintain and monitor employee’s attendance records and vacation schedule, coordinate with Plant and Production supervisor as required
- Monitor Fab operator performance, and provide coaching as required
- Perform daily process checks (Quality, TPM,5S) and time sheets review/submission.
- Provide training for all new employees, and cross-train all operators
- Release parts from internal systems (MRP to DMM), priorities according to production schedule.
- Report on production progress to applicable parties, e.g., Production Manager, Team Leads, Shipping Dept, Engineering, etc. ensuring production progress and delays are communicated to the appropriate staff.
- Review the 8-week shipping schedule to make resource planning accordingly
- Run the Tier #1 Meeting and update the daily board
- Schedule and update job tasks pertaining to fabrication start and completion date to meet the assembly schedule
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrates continuous learning through cross-training, learning new skills, and refreshing prior skills
- Effective communicator and interpersonal skills, including excellent oral, written communication, and listening skills
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Good Problem-solving skills.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- No Relocation. Candidates must currently reside within an 80km radius of the Edmonton facility
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.