Website Specialty Systems (SpecSys)
Fabrication and Machinist Lead Job Highlights
|Title||Fabrication and Machinist Lead|
|Location||Granite Falls, MN, United States|
|Company||Specialty Systems (SpecSys)|
Specialty Systems (SpecSys) is a consulting business that primarily supported the design and engineering departments of machinery and equipment manufacturers. The company offers a full range of engineering and manufacturing services throughout multiple locations.
The company is looking for a Fabrication/Machinist Lead with the primary responsibility of daily supervision of all fabrication operations within the given facility.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 4+ years of fabrication experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be acceptable
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints to ensure products are fabricated correctly
- Ability to understand and willingness to follow existing QC processes
- Accurately schedule, and expedite the use of labor, machines, and materials in the fabrication of parts.
- Adhere to established department budgets for tooling
- Communicate accurate parts sequences with shop personnel.
- Coordinate equipment repairs as needed
- Coordinate orders with management and purchasing department for steel/shop supplies
- Detailed knowledge of CNC/NC Programming and understanding of geometric tolerances.
- Developing employee performance review documentation
- Documenting any workplace-related injuries and communicating with Safety Director
- Employee iSolved Approvals
- Ensure that quality control processes are followed during the various stages of fabrication.
- Follow guidelines to arrange objects or actions in a certain order
- Identify machine run speeds for accurate scheduling of material fabrication.
- Install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Operate and control equipment. Inspect and evaluate the quality of products
- Provide daily work directions to fabrication personnel
- Provide input into fabrication and QC process improvements
- Repair machines or systems
- Understanding of computer software such as MS Word and Excel
- Can accurately read/interpret blueprints that may include mechanical connections/joints, mechanical assembly prints, hydraulic/pneumatic schematics, electrical wiring diagrams
- Can design and construct
- Detailed knowledge of CNC/NC Programming
- Has any combination of education and experience that would provide the required skill and knowledge for successful performance
- Has good communication and problem-solving skills
- Has the ability to understand and the willingness to follow work order instructions including signing-off of fabrication department dispatches
- Is able to bend, crawl and be on feet for 8 plus hours per workday
- Is able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Is comfortable communicating with management and Human Resources
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time off
- Parental Leave
SpecSys is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit specsys.isolvedhire.com.