Fabrication Manager Job Highlights
|Location||Mukilteo, WA, United States|
UMC helps to solve the complex challenges of built environments and systems. The company helps clients and partners plan, build, and manage their buildings, facilities, or construction projects.
The company is seeking a Fabrication Manager who will manage company fabrication policy, standards, and execution through effective communication, negotiation, scheduling, tracking, and document control.
- The candidates may be required a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
- Licensing or Other Special Certifications are Required.
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the related field.
- Develop and maintain Fabrication schedule and manpower forecast
- Ensure full compliance with UMC Safety Program in the fabrication shop
- Maintain and control fabrication documents in compliance with UMC standards as well as contractual compliance.
- Maintain ASME and NBIC code credentials, documentation in compliance with Quality Control Manual
- Maintain company welding records, including WPS, PRQ, WPQ’s and welder continuity logs.
- Prepare fabrication shop work packages including detail drawing review, material take-off and buyout, and man-hour fabrication budget.
- Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee’s essential job functions.
- Review job estimates and prepares fabrication budgets
- Supervise Plumbing and Piping shop foreman
- Track, forecast, and report fabrication labor hours and material costs
Secondary Job Functions
- Collaborate with purchasing and warehouse managers to ensure that material is delivered to and from the Fabrication shop in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with VCS Manager to continue to improve the product that is delivered to fabrication including, spool drawings, assembly drawings, and bills of material.
- Ability to accurately estimate mechanical work
- Ability to understand and communicate basic mechanical concepts
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, and Access.
- Attention to detail – errors, and mistakes can result in significant financial losses
- Strong work ethic – results-driven
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Fabrication Suite including, AutoCAD, FabricationEST, FabricationMEP, and Navisworks.
- Supervise project engineer, fabrication coordinator, and plumbing and piping shop foreman.
UMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected status or characteristic. The company’s policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
To apply for this job please visit umci-hff.viewpointforcloud.com.