Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Fabrication Scheduler Job Highlights
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
The company is looking for a Fabrication Scheduler to join its team for planning, manufacturing, or related needs.
- The applicants should be a High School Graduate or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 3 years of working experience scheduling/dispatching in a manufacturing/fabrication environment.
- 3 years working experience utilizing an MRP/ERP database or similar.
- Must have prior knowledge of workflow in a manufacturing environment, Machining, Welding, Fabrication, Assemble, and Testing of equipment.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Develop daily work center schedules and communicate with production representatives to ensure execution.
- Maintain database integrity and accurate priorities.
- Monitor and adjust work-in-progress database.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Release work orders to the warehouse to ensure they are pulled on a timely basis.
- Work with Fabrication, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Planning departments to ensure the correct bills of material and accurate work orders.
- Work with planning and shop leads to prioritize workflow and delivery needs.
- Manage the daily workflow in the Fabrication department, ensuring that schedules are updated.
- Must be willing to work in various conditions. Climate controlled, and non-climate controlled.
- Plan and devote time to being out on the fabrication shop floor, reviewing and learning from the processes used in fabrication.
- Prioritize tasks and jobs to maximize productivity.
- Process system (oracle) transactions, to support accurate dispatching and scheduling.
- Promote and execute process improvement projects and initiatives dictated by supervision.
- Provide job status in the scheduling system and upon request to inter-personnel.
- Schedule and coordinate all operations within the department working with the leads and supervisor.
- Experience with MRP/ERP Software preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform job duties with medium supervision
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority setting
- Team focused
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.