Website Means Engineering
Fabrication Shop Lead Job Highlights
|Title||Fabrication Shop Lead|
|Location||Carlsbad, CA, United States|
Means Engineering features a depth of experience in medical, industrial, semiconductor equipment, and military products. The company’s turn-key capabilities provide smart, simple solutions to cumbersome outsourcing issues, and provide our clients with an intelligent route from concept to market.
The company is searching for a Fabrication Shop Lead who will facilitate workflow through the machine and tube and weld work centers to meet company goals for quality and on-time delivery, to both our internal and external customers.
Assign tasks to personnel that aligns with the production schedule and will ensure processes and procedures are followed or implemented according to our standard operating procedures.
Be responsible for producing conforming parts in either the machine shop or tube and weld work centers.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possess 5+ years of related experience or a combination of related experience and education
- Assign jobs to department personnel based on skill level and production needs of the company and coordinate and track assignments throughout the shift to meet on-time delivery
- Regularly communicate with other shift leads, department leads or applicable personnel to ensure daily production requirements are met
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed concerning attendance, conduct, safety, and protective equipment
- Ensure all activities and processes performed within the department comply with the company’s Quality Management System and all safety and environmental procedures.
- Ensure all materials, tooling, and other production items are properly labeled or identified per company requirements
- Maintain the organization of machines, equipment, and tools within the department. Implement a schedule for the cleaning and organization of the department at regular intervals.
- Ensure all operators/technicians perform their daily preventative maintenance requirements for each machine at the beginning of the shift and as needed. Verify the preventive maintenance log is filled out for each applicable equipment properly.
- Monitor the performance and behavior of department personnel and note your observations with the Supervisor/Manager.
- Manage continual process improvement. Evaluate procedures and processes for continual improvement and to maximize efficiency. Investigate and analyze issues or problems and propose appropriate solutions to management
- Report any production problems that may hinder the department’s output to the Supervisor/Manager immediately
- Perform in-process quality assurance activities and inspections to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards
- Ensure all worked operations in the ERP system are documented in an accurate and timely manner for the fabrication department. This includes documenting the job/operation, documenting the time, and indicating conformance (including written comments to document/clarify transactions); working to meet job time standards
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance for the fabrication work centers
- Assist CNC Programming in determining proper work-holding methods, toolpath strategies, and process improvements.
- Propose and support work instruction development and maintenance
- Assist process engineering in determining job time standards and developing new production processes for new product introduction (NPI) and for continuous improvement
- Observe all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company
- Ability to interpret, apply, and document QC standards as part of the operation
- Ability to monitor operations and to quickly react to non-conforming operations as they occur
- Ability to operate an ERP system
- Ability to produce machined or welded parts within very tight tolerances, to measure, cut, or work on items with great accuracy
- Able to read and understand drawings, work instructions, and technical documents and specifications as necessary to perform the job functions
- Advanced measurement skills including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Basic math skills including geometry and some trigonometry
- Familiar with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Principles
- Knowledge of safety standards for equipment being run
- Knowledge of tooling capabilities
- Must be able to foster compliance with company mandates and support company goals.
- Must be skilled at coaching and mentoring personnel in the department.
- Must have strong English communication skills to understand verbal and written instructions, communicate with other employees both verbally and in writing, follow directions and tasks lists, and participate in departmental team meetings and required training classes
- Air Conditioned Machine Shop
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401(k)
- Monthly Employee Events
- Paid Holiday Shutdown
- This position requires the use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Means Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit meansengineeringinc.applytojob.com.