Fabrication Specialist – Composite Assembly Job Highlights
|Title||Fabrication Specialist – Composite Assembly (Multiple Shifts)|
|Location||Salt Lake City, UT, United States|
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space and security systems, and global services.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking a Fabrication Specialist (Level B) to support the Composite Assembly Team.
- The applicants should have a basic education i.e. High School diploma or GED
- Have 1 or more years of related work experience
- Have an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate).
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Aerospace, Fabrication, or Manufacturing.
- Applies routine organic coatings for corrosion protection and appearance requirements.
- Assembles and installs wire harnesses and avionics products.
- Assembles precision mechanical and electro-mechanical components.
- Assembles, repairs, modifies, and installs various power plants and drive trains.
- Perform soldering on electronic and avionics products.
- Performs basic organic chemical conversion and paint preparation.
- Performs composite lay-up, fabrication, and assembly tasks.
- Performs machine set-up, machining, welding set-up, welding, sheet metal fabrication and extrusion, tube bending, and fabrication tasks.
- Prepares test articles, fixtures, and data collection devices to perform various tests.
- Works on articles of limited complexity following established drawings and requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic blueprints
- Demonstrated use of hand & machining tools
- Experience in a team environment
- Team Leadership (Formal/Informal) experience
- Financial Security
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.