Fabrication Specialist Job Highlights
|Location||Plymouth, MI, United States|
Intertek provides total quality assurance to industries worldwide. The company delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for customers’ operations and supply chains.
The company is looking for a Fabrication Specialist who will be responsible for on-site fabrication of fixtures and test set-ups; providing assistance and advice to the engineering team; and evaluation and repair of mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment using a combination of internal and external resources.
Also, responsible for oversight and upkeep of the onsite fabrication area and equipment.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 5+ years of related experience including extensive welding, milling, lathe work, equipment repair, and maintenance
- CATIA or design experience (preferred)
- CNC machining experience is highly (preferred)
- CNC programming experience is highly (preferred)
- Advising the mechanical design team and other engineering staff with emphasis on optimizing designs to be efficiently fabricated
- Assembly and verification of mechanical test assemblies
- Machining per provided prints of mechanical test assemblies
- Maintenance and repair of shop equipment and lab equipment as needed
- Overseeing and advising others on the use of shop resources
- Welding ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Other duties as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Microsoft Office proficiency, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate
- Competitive salary and benefits package including generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and 401(k) with company match
- Employee referral bonuses
- Opportunity for growth
- Tuition reimbursement is available in an applicable field
Intertek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit hcog.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.