Website Pegasus Steel
Fabrication Supervisor 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Fabrication Supervisor (2nd Shift)|
|Location||Ladson, SC, United States|
Pegasus Steel is a world-class steel processing company that specializes in the cutting, forming, and fabrication of steel components from both sheet and plate in all grades of material, including stainless steel and aluminum.
The company is searching for a Fabrication Supervisor who will supervise and coordinate activities of fabrication workers engaged in expediting the flow of material, parts, and assemblies within the fabrication department.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting B.S. or B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- The candidates should have 7 years of related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires experience as a Lead at Pegasus Steel
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Confers with production or front office personnel to resolve problems affecting production schedules.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
- Ensures all documentation is completed accurately and is turned in on time. In the event that this task is delegated, Supervisor must ensure that the task is completed.
- Ensures that employees have all the required tools they need to do their job correctly, efficiently, and safely.
- Ensures, with the help of H.R., fair treatment to all employees. Ensures that employees are at their workstations on time, are delegated the appropriate amount of work, take breaks and lunches on time, finish breaks and lunches on time, and are fully occupied during the shift.
- Issues are written and oral instructions.
- Maintains harmony among workers and works with Human Resources to resolve disputes. Promotes teamwork within the department.
- Performs job safely. Ensures personal safety and the safety of subordinates; understands how machines work and how to operate them safely; knowledge of emergency stops, and personal protective equipment in each work area.
- Provides direction and assistance in ISO9001 related activities.
- Responsible for excellent quality and proficiency from the fabrication department.
- Responsible for housekeeping in the department.
- Responsible for lean manufacturing principles in the fabrication department.
- Responsible for production requirements during shift. Specifically, the Supervisor is responsible for making a quality part, according to work instructions, procedures, and completing the amounts required for their shift.
- Responsible for tracking efficiency on the welders on their individual assigned jobs compared to the allotted quoted production time.
- Responsible for tracking production times for all jobs in the fabrication department.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve the efficiency of subordinates.
- Troubleshoot and determine corrective action for machinery and process flow when necessary.
- Working knowledge of all subordinate positions fills in when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to be certified for forklift and crane operations and maintain this certification annually.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with outside sources in written and verbal formats.
- Must be able to effectively instruct and evaluate welder/fitter performance to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to read blueprints and must know GD&T
- Requires the ability to fabricate and layout according to certification standards.
- Ability to read, write and understand oral and written instructions, information gathered from meters, dials, calibrated scales, visual display units.
- Ability to receive and understand instructions via radio or phone.
- Ability to summarize verbal instructions.
- Ability to apply quality standards against products and determine if defective and degree of defect.
- Ability to compile gathered information.
- Ability to follow instructions, in a logical order, given in oral, written, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve practical problems with common sense.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
- Valid Driver Licenses
- Forklift Certification (must pass certification upon hire and maintain annually)
- Crane Certification (must pass certification upon hire and maintain annually)
- Exposure is frequent to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles – eye protection is required, and fumes, machine vibration, and noisy conditions – hearing protection is required, high temperatures; and occasional to a restricted space work area.
- Ability to travel out of state for training as needed
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The associate is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The associate is occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds independently and maneuver up to 200 pounds.
Pegasus Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.