Website Trane Technologies
Fabrication Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Greenville, SC, United States|
Trane Technologies challenges possible by thinking bigger, acting bolder, and taking action. The company’s brands include Trane® and Thermo King® which create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce
The company is searching for a Fabrication Technician who will be responsible for designing and building any in-house fabricated solutions for the manufacturing floor.
Primary job functions are to aid in any problem-solving activities requested from inner-plant customers and help to design and execute the fabrication of fixtures, carts, tables, or any other custom designs needed.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (required)
- Degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology or equivalent (preferred)
- 3 plus years of experience in the manufacturing or fabrication field (required)
- Experience with Industrial and fabrication machinery (preferred)
- Ability to fabricate equipment and fixtures including assembling materials with fasteners, welding, cutting, bending, drilling, grinding, etc. a variety of metals, plastics, wood, or any other materials required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment to accomplish large projects as well as self-management skills when working on smaller tasks.
- Ability to work with cross-function teams to provide solutions quickly and efficiently to manufacturing and material handling-related issues.
- Communicates consistently with internal customers regarding the status of requests.
- Constructs sketches of mechanical or construction alterations/installations.
- Prepares bills of material on jobs requiring major material use and initiates purchase requisitions.
- Uses various materials handling equipment such as hoists, carts, lifts, fork trucks, and hand trucks in moving light to heavy weight material.
- Works through a work order system to prioritize projects and manage customer expectations.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic electrical skills preferred.
- Basic machining skills including surface grinders, lathes, and vertical milling machines preferred.
- Comprehension of schematics/blueprints
- Critical thinking
- Customer focused
- Knowledge of hydraulic/pneumatic systems is desirable
- Mig and Tig welding skills preferred
- Pride in workmanship
- Self-starter and motivated to brainstorm and execute solutions
- Standard work adherence
- Strong mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to change, flex, and learn
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal company and external associates, both written and orally, including the telephone.
- Mobility within the work facility.
- 401(k) and matching
- Career Development
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer’s Statement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform and Work Boot stipend
- Vacation Time
- Vision insurance
Trane Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tranetechnologies.com.