Fabrication Technician I (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Fabrication Technician I – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Hodges, SC, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Commercial & Residential Distribution Solutions division is currently seeking a Fabrication Technician I to join its team for various manufacturing and operation activities.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- The candidates are expected to have previous work experience in the related field.
- Assist in gathering all items, welded and single pieces, by shop order and monitor their location through the weld and then deliver to proper work centers.
- Collect all parts to be plated and assure that proper quantities are delivered
- Responsible for our grinding process and flex as needed to run other fabrication processes at the technician I level and/or assist higher coded employees in technician II level roles.
- Set and support heavy machinery, which may include Weidamatics, Optishear, band saws, coil machines, and drill presses.
- Work to establish procedures, manufacturing information, drawings, blueprints, sketches, written or oral instructions from supervision or engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret sheet steel fabrication drawings
- Previous experience grinding operation, running manual presses, shear machines, bend, punch, cutoff, and ironworker machining centers.
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and forklifts to move material.
- Regularly lifting up to 50 lbs.; pulling, pushing loads that weigh up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.