Fabrication Technician I Job Highlights
|Location||Shreveport, LA, United States|
Welbilt provides the world’s top chefs, premier chain operators, and the growing independent food and beverage sector with industry-leading equipment and solutions.
The company is looking for a Fabrication Technician I who will set up and operate fabrication equipment for forming, bending, and punching on a variety of sheet metal, plates, and other parts and materials.
The position will report directly to the Production Supervisor.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma
- Possess less than 1 year of experience in the related field
- Exercise proper care in the use of tools, equipment, and materials; avoid excessive scrap.
- Make first piece inspection and make any required set-up adjustments.
- Measure work piece dimensions to determine the accuracy of machine operation
- Observe machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Position work piece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade
- Push a button or depress the pedal to activate the machine
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from a workpiece
- Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Work from work orders, blueprints, and written and verbal instructions. Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Ability to use hands to reach and handle or feel
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. alone and over 50 lbs. with assistance
- Typically requires standing or walking for extended periods of time
Welbilt is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit hcqd.fa.us1.oraclecloud.com.