Fabrication Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Cupertino, CA, United States|
Apple is a technology company that specializes in computer software, consumer electronics, and online services.
The company is looking for a motivated and skilled Fabricator/Welder who will work closely and interact with engineers and technicians. Works with EH&S to provide input into safe work practices.
- The candidates should have 3-5 years of full-time fabrication and welding experience.
- Bend tubes and cope accordingly
- Machine components on a manual mill and manual lathe (mandatory)
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area
- Operate and cut material using plasma and oxyacetylene equipment
- Perform TIG, MIG, and CMT (bonus) welding on a variety of materials
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, weld symbols, and GD&T
- Record and track daily operations
- Record the consumption of material and supplies
- Set up welding equipment (amperage, voltage, wire-speed, etc.)
- Weld in all positions: vertical, horizontal, flat, and overhead
- Work overtime and weekends (as required)
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner without compromising quality and safety.
- Ability to comprehend and retain technical information, including safety-critical data and record documentation
- Ability to develop routines for higher efficiency
- Ability to learn and teach from prior experience
- Be a self-motivated individual that can be productive throughout the day
- Be flexible and able to work at a fast pace in a constantly changing environment with potentially long hours and tight deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Passionate about fabricating and welding
- Strong communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. The company takes affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.