Fabrication Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Wellington, UT, United|
Komatsu Construction is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The company is looking to hire a Fabrication Welder who will rebuild and refurbish frames, housings, and similar structures by forming, straightening, and reshaping existing steel sub-components or removal and replacement of details worn or damaged beyond reuse.
The position will work directly under the supervision of a Supervisor in a shop or field environment.
- The applicants may be required to possess a High School Diploma
- AWS Welder Certifications in vertical and overhead.
- The candidates should have over 3 years up to and including 5 years of experience with numerous welding and cutting applications including air arcing and dual shield wire.
- Assessing equipment repair needs and developing repair processes.
- Experience with electrodes and outer and inner-shield wires.
- Laying out and performing complex repairs with a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Must have a solid understanding of metal properties and the ability to set up and efficiently operate a wide range of welding equipment.
- Performing a variety of welding and cutting applications (including MG, TIG, and air arcing).
- Primary focus on a safe work environment and employing safe work practices on a consistent basis.
- Troubleshooting, maintaining and performing minor repairs to most assigned tooling; wire feeders, and welding machines. Working in a diverse team environment.
- Weld all types of worn, damaged, or new parts and equipment as specified by blueprints, sketches, or diagrams. Must have the ability to cut patterns and perform vertical, overhead, and horizontal welding.
- Application of advanced trades mathematics
- Employees must be able to pass weld certification tests per Komatsu Quality standards.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.