Fabrication Welder Job Highlights
|Homer City, PA, United States
Komatsu Construction is an indispensable partner in the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The company is searching for a Fabrication Welder to join its team.
Must have a basic understanding of metal properties and be able to set up and efficiently operate a wide range of welding craft equipment.
- Associate in Welding and Fabrication Technology from a college/university
- Possess comparable work experience
- Must certify in all positions Mig welding as outlined in ISO 9001 welding qualification
- Assembles final products and assists with the compatibility process.
- Cut material from stock.
- Examines workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Inspects work to ensure specifications and dimensions are correct.
- Interpret blueprints to determine necessary repairs to be made. Uses necessary equipment to affect repairs.
- Obeys all safety rules and performs housekeeping assignments.
- Plans layout of weldments based on prints, sketches, etc.
- Positions and aligns parts utilizing hand tools, etc.
- Records labor and verifies quality with proper documents.
- Uses cutting torch or air arc to remove defective parts from main assembly.
- Uses grinder to clean welds.
- Welds parts utilizing a variety of welding processes per drawing or print.
- Uses tow motor or hoist to move or position work piece.
- Interpret blueprints, customer-provided sketches, and drawings
- Apply this knowledge to the product
- Bonus programs
- Educational reimbursement
- Medical programs
- Paid time off
- Retirement savings plans
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.