Fabrication/Welding Supervisor Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Waukesha, WI, United States|
Eaton is a power management company that provides energy-efficient products and services. It helps customers to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power.
The company is searching for a Fabrication/Welding Supervisor who will be responsible for directing and training a productive workforce to meet established production goals while maintaining schedules, safety objectives, quality objectives, and employee morale on assigned shifts.
Responsible to improve throughput velocity to achieve sales growth, on-time shipping, and WIP inventory targets.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Possess a minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing or operations
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement
- ISO 9001 familiarity
- Prior experience with machining, assembly, fabrication operations
- Prior experience working in an Engineered to Order environment
- SAP and Excel proficiency
- Act as a strong advocate of company Safety and Environmental initiatives and priorities
- Act as a strong advocate of Lean operating principles and database decision-making such as Six Sigma and SPC
- Be responsible for analyzing operating reports and taking necessary corrective action to effectively control all costs and expenses related to the department.
- Be responsible for the effective implementation of modern manufacturing methods that will reduce costs and increase productivity while improving the quality of goods produced. Responsible for being knowledgeable of new technologies and applications of state-of-the-art manufacturing.
- Be responsible for employee selection, counseling, training, and development and for managing the department through contemporary management to ensure continued non-union status.
- Ensure that all SAP systems and functions are being maintained, supported, and used
- Establish personal and departmental performance goals and objectives.
- Have departmental responsibility and provide departmental leadership across all three shifts
- Help achieve plant safety objectives to improve incident rate, OSHME score, and safety risk rating.
- Identify specific training needs of assigned employees and work with HR to develop programs designed to address their needs. Where required, participate in these programs as a trainer.
- Improve employee involvement and communications to achieve strategic operating objectives.
- Maintain the quality as well as quantity of various manufactured parts so that they meet engineering specifications. Manage each work center to achieve the lowest level of scrap and rework possible.
- Own the overall performance of the assigned area. Facilitate smooth handoffs between all shifts, identify and facilitate continuous improvement activity, participate and lead initiatives to meet plant-level goals, and work with Shift Supervisors to set appropriate staffing levels and staffing alignment.
- Plan, direct, and control the work of assigned work centers to make maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment, and material within budgetary requirements and cost/quality standards. This includes complete responsibility for the effective utilization of overtime and control of absenteeism.
- Prepare budgets for all controllable expense accounts pertaining to own department and provide other budgetary information to supervisor as requested to meet plan budgeting requirements.
- Staff, develop, and maintain an effective workforce of production personnel to accomplish department goals.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation benefit is not being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50-mile radius of the facility in order to be considered
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.