Fabrications Support 1 (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Fabrications Support 1 – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Sanford, NC, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is looking for a Fabrications Support who will provide fabrications support activities including loading robots and ensuring the cleanliness of the area.
The position will utilize tooling, fixtures, handling systems, safety, quality checks, and other duties as assigned.
The position will typically report to a Section Manager.
- The applicants may be required to have a High School Diploma
- The candidates should have some experience with Overhead Hoists and Overhead Cranes.
- At least 1 year of manufacturing experience
- Material handling experience
- Robotic welding machine experience
- Ability to learn and follow welding and/or machinist standard processes and procedures
- Assist Machinists in robot processes
- Basic robot maintenance includes but is not limited to, clearing faults, resetting the robot, replacing weld tips, restringing weld wire, and rehoming the robot.
- Be a contributing team member
- Follow and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting Waste Elimination, and Standard Work
- Follows documented procedures, standard work, routings, and blueprints
- Initial set-up and operation of CNC and/or robot welding machines
- Job duties may include the following:
- Load and position heavy fabrication metal components in machining fixtures using lifting devices
- Maintain Fabrications area in a clean and orderly condition
- May be required to operate walk-behind or ride-on sweepers
- May rotate to various positions within the Job Function are to perform related activities
- Must have effective communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to perform the repetitive operation
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Healthy Lifestyle Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and vision coverage
- Paid Parental leave
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer,)
- Short/long term disability coverage
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.