Website Ducommun Incorporated
Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||St Croix Falls, WI, United States|
Ducommun Incorporated is a technology-driven manufacturing company that designs, engineers, and builds complex electronic systems, large contoured aero structures, and high reliability engineered products and aftermarket services for the global aerospace, defense, military, and space markets.
The company is hiring a Fabricator who will be responsible to set up and operate conventional and numerical control (NC) fabrication machines and welding centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or Equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of using CAD software to program Numerical Control (NC) machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- Assists other employees in the verification of machine set up and process outputs to specifications.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate process control factors such as bend allowance, coining, spring back, cut compensation, power, and/or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve fabrication, operational, or assembly problems.
- Installs fabricated replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Maintains the machines, systems, and work areas with which they perform their duties. Perform 5S duties on a daily basis for organization, safety, and cleanliness.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpieces as guides for subsequent operations.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as shears, lasers, brake press, drill press, grinders, rollers, and shapers.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance processes, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpieces to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the company as a whole and fellow employee.
- Use of measurement devices
- Read and understand blueprints
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Trains new employees to be safe, productive, and participative team members.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Frequently exposed to humid conditions, occasionally exposed to vibration.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Health and Insurance
- Retirement and Savings
- Optional Insurance Programs
- Learning and Leadership
Ducommun Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ducommun.com.