Website GKN Aerospace
Fabricators Job Highlights
|Location||Bristol, England, United Kingdom|
GKN Aerospace is a multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier and manufactures aircraft. The company provides lightweight aerostructures, smart engine and wiring systems, landing gear, and transparencies.
The company is seeking a Fabricator who will use a hand, electrical and pneumatic tools, and bending machines to shape, form, and assemble metal products within drawing limits.
Candidates will use jigs to assemble parts made from stainless steel, titanium, or aluminium. This involved fitting, swaging, measuring machinery, and jigs.
You will have an awareness of recognised quality processes.
- The applicants should have a Recognised and Relevant Apprenticeship or the equivalent NVQ standard
- Time served Fabricators
- The candidates should have previous manufacturing experience in a factory environment
- Be responsible for highlighting any non-conformance to the Team Leader
- Be responsible for the timely clearance of work phases using the SAP system
- Champion ‘Export Control’ compliance activities, ensuring adherence to the site ‘Technology Control Plan (TCP)’, guaranteeing compliance with Export Control Regulations, controls, training, and systems.
- Ensure compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health, and Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities including jig and tool. Report all incidents, accidents, and near misses as per the company’s procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions. Maintain good standards of housekeeping in the designated work area(s).
- Ensure parts are produced on a ‘right first-time’ basis
- Ensure that any calibrated equipment used is within a date
- Hold first-party inspection approval (M02 status is subject to obtaining A stamp approval)
- Ability to understand technical drawings/limits.
- Flexibility to work different shifts
- Must be able to work in small teams with a Team Leader
- Self-motivated team player with good communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and techniques to support GKNAF continuous improvement initiatives would be desirable
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- A collaborative, dynamic working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income protection
- Industry Leading Pension Scheme; we’ll match your contributions up to 8% on a 1:1.5 basis
- Life Assurance 8x salary
- On-site parking, staff canteen and Cycle To Work Scheme
- Shopping discounts
Everyone is welcome to apply to GKN.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gknaerospace.com.