Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Bossier City, LA, United States|
Gordon Incorporated specializes in sustainable architectural metal products for interior and exterior applications. Product applications include specialty metal ceilings and wall systems, drywall and plaster trims, column covers, and many other architectural specialty products. Systems are designed for commercial, acoustical, educational, cleanroom, healthcare, correctional, industrial, and institutional environments.
The company is searching for a Fabricator who will maintain a neat and orderly work area and fabricate parts to tolerance based on the requirements of the blueprint.
When there are any discrepancies with the prints or the parts the fabricator must notify the team leader.
- No educational level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- LEAN manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Able to determine proper tooling to make progressive bends
- Able to work with stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum
- Bend or joggle to the specified dimension
- Checks products to ensure quality and uniform completion; resolves any identified problems and alerts team leader.
- Follows all safety rules.
- Maintain orderly tool area.
- Make sure the floor is free of obstructions, maintain good housekeeping.
- Read and interpret shop orders, including drawings.
- Responsible for completing the paperwork associated with work performed
- Responsible for maintaining quality workmanship and tolerance specifications
- Set up and operate press brakes for maximum productivity
- Understands and follows Job Safety Analysis for this position.
- Verify correct raw material or work in progress material
- Wears eye protection, hearing protection and gloves, and any other designated PPE.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to properly maintain and perform basic repairs on equipment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Detail-oriented and consistent
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination
- Strong in mathematics.
- Works well as a productive member of a team
- The company offers health, dental, voluntary term life, and disability insurance, an employee assistance program as well as a comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan, and paid time off.
Gordon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit gordon-inc.apscareerportal.com.