Fabricator Job Highlights
|Title||Fabricator (Entry Level)|
|Location||Albany, OR, United States|
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services are used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The Company is searching for an Entry Level Fabricator to support the manufacturing operation.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience necessary to fabricate steel parts and tools using a variety of machines.
- No educational level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- The candidates should have 1+ years prior production experience (preferred)
- Experienced in a fast-paced production environment
- Prior experience operating a Press Brake or Shear. Set up experience is a plus
- Fabricate steel and other metal parts as indicated by the work order and blueprints
- Inspects work to verify dimensions
- Lays out cutting lines on metal when shearing single pieces
- Lifts workpiece manually or by hoist or crane to machine bed or roller table and positions it against side guide and end stops
- Operates portable shear to cut sheet metal
- Operating a Press Brake or Shear
- Positions and clamps stop and side guides to set length and angle of cut
- Starts machine, which clamps the workpiece and lowers the blade to cut metal
- Tilts bed, blade, or installs fixtures to shear, bevel, or trim fabricated items
- Turns handwheels to adjust the rake (angle) and pressure of the blade
- Ability to read blueprints and measuring tape
- Able to pass all EHS required tests and clearances
- Basic math and problem-solving skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure)
- Understanding of basic CNC controls
- Health Care
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.