Website White Cap
Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO, United States|
White Cap is a leading distributor of specialty hardware, tools, and materials for large and medium-sized contractors. The extensive inventory, combined with will-call, site delivery, and direct-ship options, enables us to deliver the products customers need when and where they need them.
The company is searching for a Fabricator who will manufacture customized products that meet customer specifications and prepare completed orders for shipment.
- The applicants must have completed a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 0 to 2 years of experience in the area of responsibility.
- Examines specifications of the customer’s order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure the product meets desired standards.
- Fabricates workpiece as determined by work order specifications. Retrieves correct materials and performs various fabrication duties.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in the correct location, etc.).
- Packages for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instructions. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from the supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close reviews of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- 401(k) w/Company Match
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Critical Illness, Accident, and Whole Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Medical (w/ prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Wellness Day
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, or any factor prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit whitecap.jobs.