Fabricator – 2nd Shift Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (2nd shift)|
|Location||Worcester, MA, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Critical Power and Digital Infrastructure division is seeking a Sheet Metal Fabricator who will set up/operation of multiple mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders, and spot welders to fabricate components for product assemblies to meet customer demands.
- The prospective candidates should have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institute/college.
- The candidates should have a minimum of two years of machine operation experience in a light/medium industrial manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 1 year utilizing blueprints in a manufacturing environment (formal, informal, and/or engineering drawings)
- Minimum of 2 years experience running mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders, and spot welders in fabrication machines in light to a medium industrial manufacturing environment.
- Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
- Check completed parts to ensure compliance to Worcester Plant Quality standards and make necessary adjustments when required to meet quality goals.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Maintain necessary records for all operations including 1st piece inspection
- Monitor equipment conditions and perform basic preventive maintenance
- Setup/Operate multiple mechanical or hydraulic brakes, presses, shears, turret punch presses, grinders, and spot welders to fabricate components for product assemblies
- Ability to change tooling/tooling parameters.
- Ability to read and follow standard work.
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or engineering drawings.
- Ability to read written instructions and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make informed decisions.
- Ability to use a measuring tape, and variable gauges, such as calipers.
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows-based operating systems and programs.
- Knowledge of basic shop math.
- Reading and utilizing blueprints and engineering drawings
- Requires frequent standing and bending.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 35-pounds
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Worcester, MA will be considered.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.