Website Northwest Pipe Company
Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Orem, UT, United States|
|Company||Northwest Pipe Company|
Northwest Pipe Company is a leading manufacturer of water infrastructure products. Our solution-based products serve a wide range of markets including water transmission, plant piping, tunnels, and river crossings.
The company is looking for a Fabricator to join its Geneva Pipe and Precast team. The position will tend fabricating machines such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, welders, spinning machines, and punch, that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- The candidates should have 5 years of related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education (program) and experience.
- Machine adjustments and material requirements
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine the accuracy of machine operation
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction
- Operates any equipment needed to perform the job
- Operates Fab Shop and Machine Shop machinery and equipment. Reads job specifications to determine
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or workpieces
- Positions workpiece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade
- Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate the machine
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from the workpiece
- Sets – stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template
- Sets up and performs maintenance on fab and machine shop machines and performs burning work
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervision
- Will be called upon to design, fabricate, build and possibly install items to help production be more efficient and safer.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to read and interpret the metal rules.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Skilled in fabrication techniques with steel
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Bonus Potential
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D Insurance (1st of the month after hire)
- On-site Refreshments
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time-off
- Safety Footwear AND Eyewear Voucher (day 1 of employment)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Values-Driven Culture Committed to Diversity, Inclusion, and Safety
- Weekly Paycheck
Northwest Pipe Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.nwpipe.com.