Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||San Bernardino, CA, United States|
Wastequip is the leading manufacturer of waste-handling equipment. Wastequip’s broad range of waste equipment and services are used to collect, process, and transport recyclables, solid waste, liquid waste, and organics. The company’s brands include Wastequip, Toter, Galbreath, Pioneer, Accurate, Amrep, Mountain Tarp, Cusco, and Go to Parts.
The company is looking for a Fabricator who will fabricate steel parts and tools using a variety of machines.
- High School Diploma or GED (a plus)
- 1+ years prior production experience or experience in a fast-paced environment (preferred)
- Prior experience operating a Press Brake, Shears, or conducting setup (preferred)
- Assists in the layout of bending lines on metal when bending single pieces
- Assists in the layout of cutting lines on metal when shearing single pieces
- Assists in position clamps, stops, and side guides to set the job process
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws. Bring any concerns to the supervisor or lead’s attention
- Clean area at the end of shift
- Inspects work to verify dimensions
- Lifts workpiece manually, by hoist device or forklift to machine bed or roller table and positions it against side guide and end stops
- Move raw materials and finished parts by forklift if licensed to do so
- Under direct supervision, assists in the fabrication of steel parts. Equipment used may include overhead cranes, die shop machines, and levelers
- Wear all required personal protective equipment
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by the supervisor or lead
- Ability to read blueprints, measuring tape, basic math, and problem-solving skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure)
- Able to pass all EHS-required tests and clearances
- Understanding of basic CNC controls (a plus)
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Wastequip is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, or any other class protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.