Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Burnsville, NC, United States|
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries.
The company is recruiting a Fabricator who will fabricate, position, and form structural metal/fiberglass products.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have vocational training in lieu of experience.
- Changes the worn cutting tools, and using wrenches.
- Follow established safety, environmental, and quality policies, procedures, and practices.
- Inspects or measures work, using rules, gauges, and templates.
- Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
- Maintain daily time records.
- Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist, and positions and secures it on machine table in drilling jig or holding fixture.
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
- Move controls to adjust cutting speeds, feed rates, and depth of cut.
- Observes machine operation, and verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, using fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- Moves machine controls to feed tools into a workpiece, and engages automatic feed or manually hold.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, engineering specifications, and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods, and sequence of operation.
- Select, position, and secure dies, blades, cutters, and fixtures onto a machine, using rule, square, shims, templates, hand tools, and built-in gauges.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, saws, and presses, to cut, bend, straighten, and form metal/fiberglass plates, sheets, and structural shapes according to blueprints and specifications.
- Starts machine and observes machine operation to reposition workpiece, change dies, or adjust machine settings for multiple or successive passes
- Support the Altec Production System (APS)
- Job duties may vary by location
- Other job duties as assigned
- Ability to read, writes, and comprehend required
- Ability to use measuring equipment and read blueprints and schematics required
- Basic computer usage knowledge is required
- General knowledge of at least one of the following desired – Mechanical, Manufacturing/Production processes
Other Position Specifications
- Ability to obtain forklift certification if required
- Assist co-workers as needed
- Keep a clean work area (5S)
- May be required to learn Altec programs and/or systems
- May participate in RCI events
- Shift work may be required
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Vacation and Holidays
Altec Industries its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. They maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.altec.com.