Website United Steel
Fabricator B – SS Job Highlights
|Title||Fabricator B – SS|
|Location||East Hartford, CT, United States|
United Steel is an ASIC certified fabricator and erector of structural steel and other metals.
The company is seeking an experienced Fitter/Fabricator who can safely layout, fit, and weld fabricated, structural forms such as buildings, stairs, and rail parts.
- The prospective candidates should have a High School Diploma, GED, or Vocational School.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of layout/fabrication experience
- Technical schooling is highly desired
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Aligns, lays out, positions, and fits components together.
- Maintains the works area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Must be able to perform layout on most complex stairs, rails, columns, beams, and trustees.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must be willing to receive and accept frequent supervision and assistance with regards to weld setups/changeovers.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required.
- Performs structural steel and/or miscellaneous metals fitting and layout operations to support production needs.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
Note: The job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic shop math, reading, writing, and interpret English, basic mechanical skills, effectively utilize lifting devices, ability to interpret shop paperwork and work instructions, ability to verify log and procedures for accuracy
- Possess strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
- Performance Management
- Result Driven
- Safety Mindset
- Teamwork Orientated
- Time Management
The company offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, 401(k) with company match, supplemental benefits, and more.
United Steel is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit unitedsteel.bamboohr.com.