Website GKN Aerospace
Fabricator – Certified Job Highlights
|Title||Fabricator – Certified|
|Location||El Cajon, CA, United States|
GKN Aerospace is a multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier and manufactures aircraft. The company provides lightweight aerostructures, smart engine and wiring systems, landing gear, and transparencies.
The company is looking for a fabricator who can be responsible for assembly, forming, finishing, material removal, inspection, rework, and repair of assembly components and parts, per customer specification, maintenance of machine tools, hydraulic systems, CNC equipment, vacuum, and electrical systems on equipment throughout the company.
Further, the position includes, but is not limited to, the operation of machines, hand and power tools, gauges and measuring instruments, fabrication of temporary tooling, tooling maintenance, and first-level maintenance.
- The prospective candidates should have passed a High School Diploma or GED or have 3 years of manufacturing experience
- 1-3 years of manufacturing experience
Note: U.S. Persons per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- Experience working with hazardous materials and/or chemicals.
- GKN Experience
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting or safety, quality, and technical issues with co-workers, quality, and engineering functions.
- Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality, and schedule requirements.
- The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of business culture, which supports the Company’s overall business objectives and goals, to include issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule, and people”.
- Deburrs and forms parts using expanders, hot dye presses, and rolls.
- Drilling, assembling rivets and brackets on segments and rings, trimming, and paint touch up.
- Ensures the company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully complies with the “GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government” in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
- Identifies and evaluates patterns. Prior to removal of material determines the method to remove material to meet customer specification. Removal of material by a tank by media.
- Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
- Maintains records associated with periodic maintenance and orders spare/replacement parts as required.
- Masks parts as required by applying tape to holes, masking first cut parts, and strip boards.
- Performs other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strips flanges with a knife; loads parts using a crane and runs laser program.
- Prepares parts for the tank by painting and patching and removing all required maskant for etching. Uses Exacto knife and scale to hand layer out patterns.
- Must be able to read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams
- Must have the ability to be certified to operate a forklift
GKN is an equal opportunity employer. We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gknaerospace.com.