Website Core & Main
Fabricator (Fire Protection) Job Highlights
|Title||Fabricator (Fire Protection)|
|Location||Tampa, FL, United States|
|Company||Core & Main|
Core & Main is a U.S. distributor of water, sewer, and fire protection products. It also provides contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure.
The company is looking for an individual who can manufacture customized products that meet customer specifications and prepare completed orders for shipment.
- The prospective candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent qualification completed from a tech center, college, or welding school.
- Must pass the pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Experience with fabrication shop equipment
- Metalworking experience preferred.
- The candidates should have 0-2 years of experience in the area of responsibility.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Examines specifications of the customer’s order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Examines workpiece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure the product meets desired standards.
- Fabricates workpiece as determined by work order specifications. Retrieves correct materials and performs various fabrication duties.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in the correct location, etc.).
- Packages for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
Financial rewards and excellent benefits in an environment of cooperation
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We provide employment solely based on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence.
The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coreandmain.com.