Fabricator I Job Highlights
|Location||Pineville, NC, United States|
Ametek is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company provides custom design and engineering services, to high-quality manufacturing standards, for the aircraft, engine, and industrial heat exchangers in the mobile, marine, avionics, space, and missile markets.
The company is looking for a Pipe Fabricator who must be able to fit process pipe and jacketed pipe ranging from schedule 10 through schedule 160 efficiently in carbon steel and stainless steel.
Spools built must match spool drawings and be within the required tolerance.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- Candidates with work-related experience will be a plus.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Must be able to interact and work with other welders and fitters.
- Must be able to operate all basic hand tools and shop equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret shop fabrication drawings to fabricate pipe spool.
- Work in a safe and productive manner without supervision.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s into both fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Must be trained on the use of overhead cranes to move heavy/large pieces of material.
- Must be proficient in rigging and moving large pieces of pipe safely.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability and knowledge to operate a wide range of hand tools.
- Occasionally required to walk and talk or hear.
- Frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly exposed to hot and cold humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Ametek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit 188100.jobs2web.com.