Website White Cap
Fabricator II Job Highlights
|Location||Denver, CO, United States|
White Cap is a leading distributor of specialty hardware, tools, and materials for large and medium-sized contractors. The extensive inventory, combined with will-call, site delivery, and direct-ship options, enables us to deliver the products customers need when and where they need them.
The company is seeking a Fabricator II who will be responsible for performing fabrication operations and acting as the operational first line of assistance for associates.
Build customized products based on customer specifications.
- The applicants may be required in some areas a Technical Certification or Associate Degree from a college or university.
- The candidates should have generally 5 to 7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
- Determines time estimates and provides feedback with the intent to reduce fabrication costs.
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure the product meets desired standards. Tests products for their functionality by troubleshooting products to minimize problems or recalls.
- Fabricates geometrically complex components using an array of equipment and templates. Retrieves correct materials and performs various fabrication duties.
- Oversees work of junior associates. Ensures that all parts are properly fitted, aligned, and assembled.
- Packages for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Provides input to the development of processes and tooling/fixture design, and into the selection of equipment.
- Uses measurement tools to set up equipment to ensure end products meet dimensional requirements and quality control standards.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures and performs other duties, as assigned.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior-level support personnel. Contributes to employees’ professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. The course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- 401(k) w/ Company Match
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Critical Illness, Accident, and Whole Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Medical (w/ prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Wellness Day
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, or any factor prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit whitecap.jobs.