Website GKN Aerospace
Fabricator – Non-Certified – Bonding Technician I Job Highlights
|Title||Fabricator – Non-Certified – Bonding Technician I|
|Location||Orangeburg, SC, United States|
GKN Aerospace is a multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier and manufactures aircraft. The company provides lightweight aerostructures, smart engine and wiring systems, landing gear, and transparencies.
The company is seeking a Composite Operator who will be responsible for carrying out the required standard activities of their assigned tasks, in full compliance to the Work Instruction and/or Standard Operating Procedure, and without compromise to their own, and colleagues, safety.
The team member will be fully supported by their Team Leader (TL), who will enable their training, coaching and quickly respond to them if they find any off-standard/quality issues.
They will be expected to actively identify safety concerns (Hazard identification), make problems immediately known to their TL (Pull the Andon), and raise improvement ideas to solve problems (Kaizen).
- The applicants should have a High School level of education, certified at the relevant national level
- The candidates should have 1 year of work experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to obtain a certificate or degree in a manufacturing-related technical program with a minimum of 6 months of starting.
- Become certified at the Lean Foundation level and implement at least 1 Kaizen per month
- Contribute to their team in creating a “Great Place to Work” by role-modeling safety-first, a Kaizen mindset, and supporting their colleagues
- Exemplify a safety-first mindset and follow all GKN Aerospace Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and standards
- Hold themselves, and fellow team members accountable to embody the GKNA culture principles
- Support the team and TL in problem-solving, contributing ideas based upon own experience of their tasks
- Understand their team’s People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash, and Cost Key Performance Indicators and their contribution to them
- Undertake all of their tasks in compliance with the standard work and their training, and make any problems; safety, quality, or other, immediately known to their TL
- Be an active member of the team, promoting collective engagement with each other
- Assemble parts, fittings, or subassemblies on aircraft by using layout tools, power tools, or fasteners, such as bolts, screws, rivets, or clamps
- Attach brackets, hinges, or clips to secure or support components or subassemblies by using bolts, screws, rivets, and chemical bonds
- Mark identifying information on tubing or cable assemblies, by using etching devices, labels, rubber stamps, or other methods.
- Under periodic supervision, perform a variety of standard, generally repetitive, manufacturing activities involved in the fabrication, assembly, or machine operations required to manufacture composite parts or assemblies.
- A passion for the Aerospace industry
- A track record of Kaizen implementation
- Aerospace experience
- Experience working within a Lean Operating Model/Production System
- An effective communicator
- Committed to the rigorous adherence to standardized work
- Good standard of a language relevant for the site
- Safety mind-set
GKN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gknaerospace.com.