Fabricator Operator – Steel Shop (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Fabricator Operator – Steel Shop|
|Location||Fayetteville, NC, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Fabricator Operator (Steel Shop) who will perform fabrication work on a repetitive and/or non-repetitive basis such as drill, tap, sand, rivet, grind, spot weld, shear, apply powder paint, solder, operate punch presses, ironworker, stab welder, load/unload paint line, assist in upkeep/maintenance of equipment.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have 2 or more years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Perform work from manufacturing information, bills of material, written and/or oral instructions.
- Utilize manufacturing information, determine necessary parts/inventory, jigs/fixtures, and obtain materials from stock areas.
- Deliver material to/from workstations using material handling equipment, position work material on coil cradle/feeder. Ensure correct parts and matching documentation reaches the next process in a timely fashion.
- Complete necessary preparation work such as wiping, degreasing, deburring, or grinding of components.
- Operate spot welders, punch presses, and other metal-fabrication equipment as directed. Inspect parts periodically or as directed utilizing manufacturing information such as drawings/blueprints, make necessary adjustments as required. Keep accurate piece count and other applicable records. Apply powder paint and shear various types of material to the proper size. Inform Supervisor of any quality problems.
- Maintenance of equipment such as dressing of welding electrodes, oiling/greasing, machine settings, changing of tooling, and minor adjustments may be necessary. Complete necessary maintenance check sheets and inform Supervisor and/or Maintenance personnel of any problems.
- Assist other Fabrication employees in daily operations as directed by Supervisor.
- Demonstrated proficiency in general operation and troubleshooting of the equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with drawings and/or blueprints.
- Demonstrated proficiency with hand-held measuring devices such as, but not limited to calipers, tape measures, micrometers, paint mil thickness meters, etc…Hand tools will be utilized such as screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, drills, grinders, portable saws, files, power hand tools, drill presses, air-driven hand tools, etc.
The company offers benefits such as competitive pay, benefits starting on day one, vacation time, employee discounts, retirement benefits, paid parental leave, educational assistance programs, and many more.
- Must be eligible to work in the US on a continual and permanent basis without sponsorship.
- No relocation is provided. Candidates must reside within Raleigh, NC in order to be considered.
- Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.