Fabricator Job Highlights
|Carterville, IL, United States
Xylem is a water technology company and provides efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies. Our aim is to create advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
The company is finding a fabricator who can handle the things like fitting, joining, and fabricating portable pumping units and accessories by applying appropriate measurement and welding techniques. A Fabricator is also responsible for reworking finished products.
The applicant should have a High School Diploma or equivalent from a welding school.
- Forklift certification preferred
- Knowledge of diesel and electric motor-driven pump assembly preferred
The candidates should have two to four years of experience in a production or job shop or Vocational Technical Center.
- Align shafts utilizing laser equipment.
- Participate in Xylem Watermark activities.
- Collaborate with co-workers in the production of multi-component parts and large units.
- Dismantle and assemble pumping units and accessories.
- Complete housekeeping duties in the assigned area on a daily basis and/or when required.
- Inspect equipment as required to maintain proper function.
- Comply with Xylem and OSHA safety standards, procedures, and regulations, including daily attendance of safety/toolbox meetings.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- MIG and stick weld milled and stainless/carbon steel components (including a rework of finished products) as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Move machinery and equipment using forklifts, cranes, hoists, dollies, and rollers.
- Ability and willingness to follow directions and be a team player
- Knowledge of assembling rotating equipment
- Ability to layout prototypes in the absence of assembly drawings
- Knowledge of MIG and stick welding equipment and processes
- Ability to operate manual or semi-automated welding equipment
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication of piping and structural steel assemblies
- Ability to read and understand production assembly drawings, specifications, and welding symbols
- Ability to use measurement and aligning tools and/or equipment
- Ability to work independently, as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing eight (8) hours per day
- Work using personal protective equipment
- Manual lifting and maneuvering of up to 50 pounds
- Equipment assisted (cranes/hoists) lifting and maneuvering exceeding 50 pounds
- Using a full range of physical motions associated with general labor work throughout the eight (8) hours to include walking, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing (to 3’), manual dexterity, and visual acuity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel: minimal, if requested
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours; daily overtime and scheduled weekend work as needed
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts, and various materials.
- Another local requirement: A welding test will be administered as part of the application process
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.xylem.com.