Website E2 Consulting Engineers
Facilities Maintenance Technician 3 (R&D) Job Highlights
|Title||Facilities Maintenance Technician 3 – R&D|
|Location||Morgantown, WV, United States|
|Company||E2 Consulting Engineers|
E2 Consulting Engineers is a professional services firm that specializes in a full spectrum of engineering services including, project engineering and design, federal base operations, and infrastructure support services, gas pipeline construction and inspection services, environmental consulting and remediation, and information technology services.
The company is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician 3 (R&D) who under general supervision will perform a variety of mechanical tasks in support of R&D projects. These tasks include the installation, modification, and maintenance activities associated with mechanical equipment or systems such as vessels, piping, pumps, etc.
- Applicants require a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of job-related mechanical experience in an industrial/construction environment (required)
- Possess a Swagelok tube fitter certification
- Assemble/erect bolted steel structures
- Identify stock material needs such as fasteners, strut, or sheet metal, then track location and quantity
- Install insulation on piping and process vessels
- Installation of Autoclave Engineers cone and threaded tubing and tubing components
- Installation of Swagelok fractional tubing and tubing components such as valves, regulators, and gauges
- Operate forklift, man lifts, skid steer loader, etc.
- Overhaul or repair equipment and valves, then functionally tested to ensure proper operation
- Perform hoisting and rigging of large equipment
- Perform non-code welding to fabricate or repair non-critical items
- Perform wall penetrations and securing materials, all per IPC and NETL policy
- Provide custom sheet metal forming/work
- Remove, form, pour and cure insulating refractory in process vessels
- Set up and perform pneumatic and hydrostatic pressure testing
- Use Lock-out Tag-out (LOTO) plans to ensure work is performed safely
- Use machine shop equipment such as an Omax water jet cutting machine and metal shear to cut metal
- Use Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) to install threaded and flanged piping along with other process equipment
- Maintaining facilities in clean, safe, and orderly condition
- Organizing interior and exterior of the shop and other maintenance facilities
- Other duties as assigned to ensure timely project execution
- High school diploma or GED/TASC/ HiSET with at least ten (10) years of job-related experience or a bachelor’s degree in a related field with at least eight (8) years of job-related experience
- Able to understand and troubleshoot complex mechanical systems along with basic low voltage electrical controls
- Experienced in the installation of Autoclave Engineers coned and threaded tubing
- Possess a plumber’s license
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and software programs for administrative duties such as Email is required
- Excellent attention to detail is required
- Good written and verbal communication skills and excellent attention to detail are required.
- Must demonstrate a good driving record (no significant violations such as DUI, loss of license, inability to obtain personal insurance or currently covered under a high-risk insurance policy, etc.)
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Trained in the use of forklifts and man lifts
- The majority of the workday is in a variety of environments including outdoors, lab/research areas, and inside administrative areas.
- Assists in performing maintenance, housekeeping, or administrative duties in a typical shop environment where certain hazards do exist.
- Constant use of vision and mental alertness is required
- Such positions may involve routine lifting up to 50 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling, and carrying
Integrated Safety Management
- Become knowledgeable of and maintain awareness of the ES&H hazards associated with their work. Perform work safely in accordance with hazard controls.
- Know and follow environment, safety, and health (ES&H) policies and procedures that apply to their job assignments.
- Maintain active involvement in the introduction, revision, and/or promotion of ES&H/ISM program activities.
- Report all unsafe operations, and, if necessary, exercise stop-work authority in cases of imminent danger.
- Work only on those tasks in which they have the required competence, training, skills, and abilities so as to prevent injury to one’s self, employees, the public, or the environment.
- The company offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, and paid time off.
E2 Consulting Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers-e2.icims.com.