Website Confluence Health
Facility Engineer II Job Highlights
|Title||Facility Engineer II|
|Location||Wenatchee, WA, United States|
Confluence Health is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals, more than 40 medical specialties, and primary care, to provide comprehensive medical care.
The company is searching for an Engineer II who will be responsible for operating and maintaining all of the facility’s electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. Such systems include Gas Steam Generating Boilers (125 psig), Steam Distribution and Condensate Return, Domestic Hot and Cold Water, HVAC Air Handling systems, air-cooled Centrifugal Chilled Water units, Vacuum and Medical Gas units, Electrical Power (600 volts and less) and Lighting, Standby Electrical Generating Unit, liquid, and solid waste disposal, and pneumatic control systems.
Responsible for maintaining selected Support equipment and systems unique to a hospital environment. Such systems include steam-operated sterilizers, cart washers, surgical tables and lights, washer extractors, dryers, ironers/folders, and foodservice equipment.
Also, responsible for maintaining the hospital vehicles, the Grounds Irrigation System, and for the repair of sidewalks and parking lots, the interior building system, including door hardware, furniture, casework, floors, walls, and ceilings.
- The prospective applicants should be a High School Graduate
- The candidates should have 1 or more years in a hospital environment performing Engineer II duties, or 3 years of the job training and experience with progressive responsibility in hospital maintenance.
- 3 or more years of training in a Technical Training Program, industry, or Armed Forces with an emphasis in the mechanical, electrical, carpentry, painting, or metalworking trades
- Experience in detecting subtle changes in equipment operating characteristics.
- Assembles and repairs concrete, block, and drywall systems.
- Assures that the hospital vehicles are properly maintained and regularly serviced.
- Complies with established department policies, procedures, and operating methods.
- Fabricates, assembles, modifies, and installs casework.
- Functionally tests the Emergency Electrical System.
- Inspects facility equipment and systems.
- Installs electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical finish hardware. Install locks and cuts keys. Documents keys distribution as per the established key control procedure.
- Keeps the Facility’s sidewalks, ramps, and parking lots in good repair and appropriately striped and signed.
- Minor repairs nurse call and code blue stations and interfaces connections.
- Performs Engineer I Duties and Responsibilities as may be assigned or required. Assists Engineer I in the performance of duties by sharing experience, technique, knowledge, and work methods.
- Performs preventative maintenance on facility and support equipment.
- Repairs and fabricates ferrous and non-ferrous components and assemblies.
- Repairs and installs resilient flooring and suspended ceiling systems.
- Repairs electrical and electronic devices, equipment, and systems.
- Repairs mechanical devices and systems.
- Services and repairs plumbing systems and equipment.
- Shares responsibility to the other engineers for maintaining established spare parts, tools, and material needs.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Department Director or his Designate.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical, and shop drawings, writing diagrams and schematics.
- Ability to use math to determine electrical, mechanical, and physical equations.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication, and password management.
- Working knowledge of Steam Generation and Distribution Systems, HVAC Systems, Plumbing Systems, Electrical Distribution Systems, and building construction.
- Adoption Assistance
- CH Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Saving Accounts
- Generous Retirement Plans
- Gym Membership Discount
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Shift Differential
- Tuition Reimbursement
Confluence Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit externalnr-confluencehealth.icims.com.