Facility Maintenance Technician II Job Highlights
|Facility Maintenance Technician II
|Hillsboro, OR, United States
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing, and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
The company is hiring a Facility Maintenance Technician II who will be responsible for maintaining the company’s buildings, facilities, and equipment in operating and functional condition.
The work may include any of the following electrical repairs or installations, fleet repairs, plumbing, welding, carpentry, painting and plastering, masonry, machine servicing, and general mechanical maintenance (e.g. Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning or HVAC and sheet metal).
- High School Graduate or Demonstrated Equivalent
- 3 years of experience in the area of specialization
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Assists in the movement of furniture, materials, and equipment as required.
- Assures code and building standards are met.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of a group of employees.
- Coordinates work with outside contractors.
- Leads and directs by assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work.
- Performs all work following established safety procedures.
- Performs repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance on buildings and facilities, equipment, fixtures, and systems.
- Performs work based on dispatched service or daily/weekly work schedules.
- Review the service requests for repairs and maintenance, determine the nature of the problem, and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Reviews work as required to document specific needs (materials, supplies, instructions, etc.).
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains facility systems.
- Under general supervision, performs tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity
- Works with or oversees subcontractor activities as directed by supervisor or work schedule.
- Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
- 3 years of maintenance experience in one of the following trades or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience: Industrial HVAC/ Industrial Mechanical Machine Repair, or Automotive Repair.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment background check and substance abuse test.
- The position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- May require a valid Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer, or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access databases, send/receive messages, and prepare documents.
- Requires some moving of light to medium-weight materials into desks, filing cabinets, and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladders, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors about wire color-coding.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during the workday.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Wear steel-toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other personal protective equipment as needed.
- The company offers various benefit options including medical, dental, and vision plans; health care flexible spending; employee assistance plans; disability benefits; 401k savings plans; holidays and paid time off; tuition assistance program.
Amentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.