Facility Maintenance Technician IV Job Highlights
|Title||Facility Maintenance Technician IV|
|Location||Peoria, IL, United States|
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing, and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
The company is seeking a Facility Maintenance Technician IV who will be responsible for maintaining the company’s buildings, facilities, and equipment in operating and functional condition.
Duties may include any of the following: mechanical repairs or installations, fleet repairs, plumbing, welding, carpentry, painting and plastering, masonry, machine servicing, and general mechanical maintenance (e.g., Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning or HVAC and sheet metal).
- Applicants should be a High School Graduate or demonstrated equivalent
- Possess 5 years of experience in the area of specialization
- Ability to weld and fabricate
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot pumps, compressors, valves, fans, bearings, etc.
- Encounters diverse problems that require thorough analysis.
- Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Strong mechanical/electrical skills, including the ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V.
- Under general supervision, reveals the mastery of advanced duties of a specialized/technical nature.
- Understanding of alignment tools for proper installation of pumps and motors.
- Work with outside contractors.
- Assures code and building standards are met.
- Ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Ability to work on an aerial lift.
- Ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladders, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during a shift.
- Ability to regularly kneel repetitively for the shift.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend, stoop, and squat repetitively during shifts.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Wear steel-toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- May require a valid Driver’s License.
- May require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
Amentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.