Website John Deere
Factory (OFP) Quality Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Factory (OFP) Quality Engineer|
|Location||East Moline, IL, United States|
John Deere provides advanced products, technology, and services for customers whose work is revolutionizing agriculture and construction. Further, it helps those who cultivate, transform, harvest, enrich and build upon the land to meet the world’s increasing need for fuel, shelter, food, and infrastructure. Making sure there is enough food, fiber, and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world.
The company Factory (OFP) Quality Engineer will provide weld and assembly engineering support and troubleshooting for current operations in the Combine business unit.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a college or university
- ASQ certification as QE, Auditor, or Six Sigma Certified
- Experience in one or more related engineering areas design, manufacturing, quality, development, industrial or reliability
- Experience in quality, manufacturing, and operations in a shop floor environment
- Experience with engineering tools, systems, and databases such as SAP, CREO, AutoCAD, MES, JDAAT
- Experience with structure design, processes, and tooling
- Experienced working with external suppliers or customers to contain and resolve quality non-conformances
- Production quality or manufacturing experience in a weld department
- Directly support manufacturing operations of a weld and assembly department in a shop floor environment.
- Lead and actively participate in the Continuous Improvement (CI) process on the shop floor – improving and implementing departmental Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Delivery, Ergonomic, and Cost reduction projects.
- Lead quality planning and execution discussions, including risk analysis, risk mitigation, control plans, dimensional analysis, and strategic quality improvements. Maintain current and historical quality performance documentation metrics.
- Manage daily quality calls from multiple product lines, determine root cause and implement both short-term and long-term corrective actions for defects found in a timely manner.
- Provide clear and timely communication to management, operations, and cross-functional teams for active quality issues.
- Use production and customer warranty data to investigate, contain, and resolve quality non-conformances within the production process and supplied components.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, suppliers, and product design to drive inherent quality into our processes and products.
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, GD&T
- The company offers comprehensive relocation and reward packages.
John Deere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.deere.com.