Field Service Technician I Job Highlights
|Field Service Technician
|Mesa, AZ, United States
Komatsu Construction is an indispensable partner in the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics, and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The company is recruiting a Field Service Technician who will perform both Welding and Mechanic work on equipment under the supervision of a Leadperson or Superintendent in a shop or field environment.
- Not mentioned, a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Ability to set cribbing, hydraulic jacks, and safety jack stands to lift electric shovels.
- Clean tools and equipment, paint, and grease equipment as needed.
- Concentrated mental and visual attention in laying out or otherwise performing complex work to very close limits of high accuracy and quality; or in coordinating a high degree of manual dexterity with close visual attention for sustained periods.
- Interpret blueprints; operate electrical power tools and pneumatic power tools as well as follow a scope of work.
- Possess competent/intermediate skills with numerous welding applications and mechanical troubleshooting with diagnostic equipment.
- Prevent loss which may result from negligent inspection or testing; from spoilage or wastage of raw or in-process materials.
- The primary focus is on a safe work environment and employing safe work practices consistently.
- Responsibility to prevent damage due to mistakes or carelessness to equipment or materials.
- Use of considerable judgment to plan and perform unusual and difficult work where only general methods are available, and the making of broad decisions involving considerable initiative and ingenuity.
- Work in a diverse team environment.
- Flexibility with travel based on needs and overall company objectives
- Ability to become-
- Forklift Task Trained
- Fire Extinguisher Task Trained
- Confined Space Task Trained
- LOTO Task Trained
- Fall Protection Task Trained
- Crane Task Trained
- Certified Rigging
- Current MSHA, valid driver’s license, and able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical job requirements.
- Able to pass Komatsu Weld Certs for 1G and 2G with .045 or greater wire.
- Consistently promotes the Komatsu Safety First attitude which includes but is not limited to-
- Understands and complies with all established Cardinal Rules.
- Working safely, promoting the safety of coworkers.
- Application of trades mathematics
- Ability to interpret and understand complicated drawings, specifications, charts, and tables
- Ability to use various types of precision measuring instruments.
- Equivalent to 1 to 3 years of applied trades training in a particular or specialized occupation.
- Over 1 year up to and including 3 years in similar job experience, is a plus.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Medical programs
- Paid time off
- Bonus programs
- Educational reimbursement
- Retirement savings plans
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit komatsu.jobs.