Website Matthews International
Field Service Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Field Service Technician|
|Location||Apopka, FL, United States|
|Company||Matthews Environmental Solutions|
Matthews International is a unique community and has created a market-leading global company serving the consumer products, memorialization, and industrial technology markets, each borne out of identification products.
Matthews Environmental Solutions, a division of Matthews Memorialization, is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of technologically advanced crematoria equipment, as well as cremation-related products and services.
The company is seeking a Field Service Technician who will provide on-site services for customers, distributors, and sales through installation, training, repair, and preventative maintenance of the business’ equipment.
Installations range from stand-alone systems to complex system integration with manufacturing, distribution, and processing lines including installation and integration of PLCs, encoders, sensors, and software.
The position promotes sales of maintenance agreements, new products, spare parts, and consumables. May coordinate a team of Service Technicians.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree or Certification/Apprenticeship in Technical, Mechanical, Electrical Technology or Engineering, Computer Science or related field from a university or college.
- The candidates should have 4+ years of previous experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Arranges for transportation, lodging, and meals during trips.
- Assists with the installation of systems including custom applications.
- Completes system information in a timely manner to ensure accurate and timely billing.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including customers, distributors, and team members.
- Maintains equipment inventory, tool kits, repair parts, and company vehicle.
- Promotes sales of maintenance agreements, new products, spare parts, and consumables.
- Provides service support for sales during sales calls and provides support for new products, working with product management and sales.
- Provides technical assistance, via phone and email, to help troubleshoot and repair equipment, coordinates problem resolution with product services, engineering, customer service, and other personnel.
- Recommends repairs, replacements, and other solutions.
- Repairs equipment at customer site.
- Submits reports and documentation and maintains necessary system information for job tracking.
- Tests and verifies electrical motors, sensors, control circuits, power circuits, and other items required to verify proper electrical wiring installation for control panels and their associated devices/motors.
- Verify mechanical and pneumatic components are properly installed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawing schematics
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management
- Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), and planning skills
- Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook, and Internet applications
- Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch
- Routine travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, and reasoning)
- Understanding of electrical principles
- Understanding of motor control
Physical Aspects/Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold and heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Driver’s License
Matthews International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.matw.com.