Website Hitachi Rail
Field Service Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Field Service Technician|
|Location||Elko, NV, United States|
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, a global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service/maintenance, digital technology, and turnkey. The company’s mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The company (H-E Parts International Mining Solutions USA) is seeking a Field Service Technician who will perform maintenance on H-E Parts International components at customer sites, perform maintenance on customer equipment fleets, perform daily workplace and equipment inspections.
This employee will be responsible for reporting in writing detail of work activities at the completion of every job.
- The applicants should have Post High School Education in Diesel Technology or a related field.
- The candidates should have 5 or more years of sales experience in the related industry.
- Assist in ordering parts
- Communicate job status, progress, or problems to customers
- Complete service reports
- Coordinate shipping/receiving with warehouse personnel for parts sales Initiate warranty claims
- Disassemble, inspect, clean and reassemble mining equipment components Follow specifications and procedures in service manuals
- Perform minor welding and fabrication
- Practice good housekeeping
- Submit daily/weekly reports to management
- Travel to various job sites
- Use all test and diagnostic equipment available
- Work with customers at the site to maintain equipment fleets and components
- Works with technical support (Engineers, draftspersons, Quality Control, etc.)
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner including the use of effective conflict resolution
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and be a problem solver
- 5 years of experience in the related field
- Work completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines
- Work in a fast pace environment and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Work independently and be a team player within the department and the organization
- A professional, ethical and exceptional work ethic is required for the candidate
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have intermediate computer skills in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Internet
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the mining and/or industrial sector
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan
- Life/Accident Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Work/Life Programs
- Class B CDL and clean driving record required
- Travel requirements will average 80% – 90% locally
Hitachi Rail is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hitachi.com.