Website ONE Gas
Field Specialist Welding Job Highlights
|Title||Field Specialist Welding|
|Location||Harlingen, TX, United States|
ONE Gas provides natural gas distribution services.
The company is seeking an individual who can perform welding operations in fabrication, installation, maintenance, and removal of pipelines and related facilities.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED.
- API 1104 Multiple Qualification Test certifications
- Application of geometric formulas to calculate pipe angles.
- Experience and training relative to – working in excavations and/or confined spaces; basic customer service activities; company and governmental operating/safety procedures; welding on pressurized pipelines (up to and including 60 psig); guiding and directing work of others; characteristics of natural gas.
- Experience in operation, maintenance, and repair of tools and equipment applicable to the position.
- Experience in reading and interpreting maps, atlas pages, blueprints, and job orders.
- Experience welding on distribution pipelines and related facilities operating up to and including 60 psig.
- Experience with application of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division (tested).
- Assist in guidance and direction of employees and/or contract workers.
- Inspect and/or audit installation of yard lines by contractors. Periodically performs and/or conducts inspections on contracted pipeline construction activities to meet peak demands.
- Maintain logs; calculate and prepare reports including but not limited to – mileage reports, timesheets, completion reports, vehicle inspection reports, and material requisitions.
- Perform pipeline construction and maintenance work utilizing various hand and/or power tools and equipment including but not limited to – pipe and crescent wrenches, welding machines, air compressors, pneumatic tools and equipment, shovels, pipe threaders and cutters, squares, levels, and tape measures.
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment including but not limited to – checking fluid levels, changing oil, applying lubricant, checking belts, tires, hoses, and lights, washing vehicle/equipment, and filling with fuel.
- Perform welding, fusing, and/or fabricating work on pipelines and related facilities operating up to and including 60 psig including but not limited to – distribution pipelines, small meter, and regulator settings, and equipment repairs
- Requisition, receive and load materials. Drive welding truck.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and lead
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English
- Experience in reading and interpreting maps, atlas pages, blueprints, and job orders
- Applicable CDL driver’s license Class A
- Able to operate tools and equipment required
- Climb into and out of excavations
- Communicate and/or exchange information or instructions including use of company two-way radio.
- Detect and react to warning signals at worksites
- Kneel/stoop for extended periods
- Lift or move objects weighing up to 20 pounds 12 14 times a day; up to 40 pounds 10 12 times a day; over 50 pounds 4 6 times a day
- Peripheral vision and accurate depth perception
- React immediately to emergency situations to prevent injury to self and others
- Smell odorant in natural gas
- Possess visual abilities sufficient to perform job duties
ONE Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit onegas.jobs.