Website Southern Company
Field Trainer I Job Highlights
|Title||Field Trainer I|
|Location||Naperville, IL, United States|
Southern Company is one of the largest energy providers. The company owns electric utilities in four states and natural gas distribution utilities in seven states. It is a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications.
The company is recruiting a Field Trainer I who will mentor, evaluate, and prepare candidates to successfully complete operations training, safety training, technology training, and any necessary certification requirements.
Responsible for ongoing evaluation, development, and accuracy of training programs, and providing input on course content.
Responsible for performing Operator Qualification evaluations (initial and requalification) and welding/joining qualifications to ensure alignment with federal guidelines.
Accountable for providing ongoing feedback, and communicating training and testing results to the employee, their supervisor and if necessary, the Training Manager.
- The applicants should possess a High School Education
- BA/BS Degrees
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Proven Facilitation Skills
- Possess 3 years of Field Operations Experience, knowledge of systems and work procedures
- Excellent Safety Record regarding personal injury and motor vehicle operation
- Knowledge of the natural gas or utility industry
- Qualified in plastic fusion procedures and technical expertise in various operating areas including welding, PE, and mechanical joining
- Technical knowledge of field operations procedures and Operator Qualification
- Responsible for mentoring, developing and working with classes of field operations personnel to teach the skills needed to successfully perform in the field operations position.
- Responsible for modeling adult learning principles as appropriate for varied training environments (instructor-led, video, eLearning, remote learning, etc.) coupled with strong platform skills.
- Use facilitation techniques to engage participants including the use of questioning, listening techniques, and interventions that foster a safe learning environment.
- To facilitate and recommend improvements to course content to deliver credible, learner-focused training to the trainees.
- To have thorough knowledge and understanding of specific operating areas and the gas industry, evaluation methodologies, and how to evaluate learning or performance improvement solutions
- Deliver interactive training programs for new policies, procedures, technology and standards of performance with a strong focus on compliance training for the company, state, and federal requirements (OSHA, DOT, etc.).
- Expected to collaborate with upper management within the organization to assist with developing Company-wide processes and procedures to train operations personnel on critical functions, including mutual aid and work stoppage events.
- Understand business processes and issues and how they relate to the on-the-job application and demonstrate the ability and initiative to enhance training skills for inter-departmental progression.
- Perform Operator Qualification evaluations (initial and requalification) and welding/joining qualifications to ensure alignment with federal guidelines.
- Uses work experience as a Subject Matter expert to partner with Instructional Designers and Operations partners to influence and create innovative training programs.
- Manages classroom expectations (up to and including dismissal from class) regarding attendance, engagement, and interpersonal behaviors impacting the learning experience of employees within the class and interact with appropriate levels of leadership for instances involving any disciplinary issues that could potentially arise.
- Actively participates in the evaluation of employee progress throughout the training course and is responsible for coaching and providing feedback to learners to ensure proper and safe procedures are followed.
- Accountable for ensuring that learning objectives have been met through the training experience and that employees are coached on the skills or knowledge needed to remediate instances of failures.
- Ability to “think on feet” and create relevant business examples to illustrate key training points
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with all levels of a diverse organization
- Ability to motivate and develop non-direct reports and deliver constructive feedback and ongoing individualized coaching
- Able to meet very tight deadlines in a fast-paced, consistently changing environment
- Able to work well in a team-based setting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent facilitation skills in group dynamics
- Exceptional presentation and training delivery/platform skills
- Exhibit strong working knowledge of specific operating areas related to the gas industry.
- Pipeline field operation experience.
- Professional demeanor, solid written, verbal and customer communication skills, and knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Technical Skills – MS Office Suite – intermediate proficiency.
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Occasional travel is required depending on business needs and may require an overnight stay for one or more nights
- Use of pneumatic and vibratory tools on an intermittent basis
- Competitive pay and a matching 401(k) plan
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation, Company Holidays, Personal Days, and Sick Days
- Wellness Incentive Programs
Southern Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit southerncompany.jobs.