Website S&C Electric Company
Finisher Job Highlights
|Location||Chicago, IL, United States|
|Company||S&C Electric Company|
S&C Electric Company is a leading provider of switching, protection, and control solutions for electric power systems. The company’s mission is to continually develop new solutions for electricity delivery, fostering the improved efficiency and reliability required for the intelligent grid.
The company is seeking a Finisher to join its production team.
- No education level is mentioned, yet a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Candidates are expected to have work-related experience
- Hanging of parts weighing up to 200 lbs. on an overhead conveyor using material handling equipment
- Have the ability to learn proper grinding procedures to smooth welds and remove scratches from steel parts and enclosures
- Have the ability to use simple material handling equipment such as powered walking stackers, storage trucks, and pallet trucks
- Identify parts from blueprints to verify that they are properly tagged
- Reacting to system alarms and basic sanding procedures
- The work in this area is physically demanding and requires the ability to sustain a continuous work pace for extended periods
- Use simple measuring equipment such as tape measures
- Working knowledge of shop math
- Ability to follow specific instructions and procedures
- Bending – frequent bending and crouching to safely lift parts of various sizes and shapes
- Carrying – frequent carrying of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
- Handling – continuous handling of parts ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Lifting – frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Pulling – occasional pulling of motorized material handling carts with loaded weights up to 1000 lbs.
- Pushing – occasional pushing of motorized material handling carts with loaded weights up to 1000 lbs.
- Reaching – a continuous full range of motion from above the shoulders to below the knees
- Standing – all tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking
- Walking – occasional walking moderate distances (less than 1/8 mile)
- Other – respirator certification required
S&C Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
To apply for this job please visit ejia.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.