Website Johnson Controls
Fire Extinguisher Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Fire Extinguisher Technician|
|Location||Lenexa, KS, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment, delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is hiring a Fire Extinguisher Technician who will be installing, inspecting, and servicing Fire and Life Safety product lines that include fire extinguishers, emergency lights, pre-engineered kitchen hood fire suppression systems, paint booths fire suppression systems, and vehicle fire suppression systems.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 2 years of work experience in the related field.
- Accurately discern and document deficiencies found during an inspection
- Attend all required training and/or meetings
- Complete all paperwork in a professional manner
- Complete all tasks while adhering to company Safety Policies
- Inform customers of deficiencies and required or recommended upgrades confidently and intelligently
- Maintain proper stock of equipment, parts, and supplies
- Make repairs and/or upgrades while on-site
- Perform all DOT required safety practices paperwork
- Professionally represent the company at all times while performing quality service and inspections
- Up-sell and cross-sell new product offerings and services to existing customers consistently
- Utilizing Apps and Microsoft applications with ease
- Perform other duties as directed
- 2 years of experience with pre-engineered fire suppression and vehicle fire suppression systems, but not required
- MSHA Certification
- Pre-Engineered Manufacturer Certification
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
- Welding experience
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals
- Have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test
- Must be Tech-savvy and have the skill sets to learn new apps and use them throughout your day
- Must be willing to work at heights
- Must be willing to work in underground mines
- Participate in a scheduled On-Call rotation
- The company offers benefits that include medical, dental, and vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and career growth opportunities.
- Willing to travel with extended stay out of town from time to time
- 18 Years of age or older
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.